It is so hot nowadays, believe me even gourmet food does not look so appetizing. I think the heat wave in Germany is having an effect on this place too....
Body finds solace in the simplest of foods now. "Curd rice" is THE saviour !!!!!
But only carbohydrates wont do good to the body, a good portion of vegetables is a must.
So the lunch menu was Curd rice and stuffed capsicum. I will be blogging the recipe for curd rice later.....
Now comes the stuffed capsicum. This recipe is an inspiration from a barbaque party that we had some days ago. I tried to make a taste bud satisfying potato stuffing for the capsicums that I had bought the day before.
The stuffing I prepared was for 3 medium sized capsicum.
Potatoes - 2 large (around 740 gms, boiled and mashed)
Red Onion - 1 large (chopped)
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt - 2/3 tsp
Masala powder for the stuffing:-
Corriander seeds - 3/4 tbsp
Cumin - 1/3 tbsp
Methi seeds - 5 nos.
Red chilli - 1 small
1. Heat a pan, now dry roast the masala powder ingredients. Cool it and grind into coarse powder (I used a Mortar and pestle for this).
2. Heat a pan with 1 tsp oil, add the chopped onions and fry it on medium heat. It is always good to cook the onions before the mashed potato is added. If necessary little water can be sprinkled to help the onions cook.
3. Once the onions are cooked add the mashed potatoes, salt, masala powder and nicely mix to combine all the ingredients well. Once it is done remove it from heat to cool it before stuffing it into the capsicums.
4. Now clean the insides of the capsicum and stuff the capsicum with the potato stuffing leaving around 1.5 inch level unfilled. (Since the stuffing raises once the capsicum starts cooking.)
5. Preheat the oven at 220°C for 12 mins, place the capsicum on the grill rack in the 2nd row from bottom and bake for 30 mins. Serve hot.
This the dry version of the stuffed capsicum that I made for the curd rice.
Potato stuffed Capsicum
Thanks for visiting my blog :)