It was relaxing to prepare a simple pizza sauce yesterday. Just chop all the ingredients, fry them a little and the let them simmer on low heat for sometime, so that the sauce is infused will all the lovely flavours.
The sauce tops 3 - 20cm dia pizza perfectly.
Cherry tomatoes - 16
Basil leaves - 4 (I used the fresh ones that a friend gave to me, since she grows them :). The fresh leaves gives a very nice flavour to the sauce)
Echalote (finely chopped) - 1
Red chilli garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
Pepper - 2 pinches
Bay leaf - 1
Cinnamon - 1 (1" stick)
Sugar - 1/3 tsp
Salt - 2/3 tsp (can be added according to the taste)
Olive oil - 1 tsp
1. Heat a pan with olive oil, when you start smelling the oil drop in the Echalotes and fry them for 3 mins.
2. Add the halved and sliced cherry tomatoes and the chopped Basil leaves and cook it till it becomes pulpy. At this point add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, red chilli garlic powder, sugar, salt and pepper and 1/2 cup of water to it and let it simmer on low heat for 15-20 mins till the sauce becomes thick enough to spread on the pizza.
Echalotes and black olive pizza
I used the aluminium 20 cm dia round mould for baking the pizzas.
1. For the first pizza I oiled the mould very lightly and sprinkled flour over it.
2. Divide the pizza dough into 3 or 4 equal parts.
3. Sprinkle flour on a dry surface flatten the ball of dough and then place it on the mould the spread it evenly over in the mould.
4. Now spread 1/3rd or 1/4th of the above prepared sauce depending on the number of parts of the dough.
5. Sprinkle over it some sliced echalotes, some black olives and some of grated / sliced desired cheese (I used to cheese for sandwiches).
6. Preheat the oven for 10 mins at 200 degrees C. Bake the pizza in the lowest rack of the oven for 40 - 45 minutes.
Voila ! Le Pizza est prêt à manger !!!! (The pizza is ready to eat.)
Echalotes and black olive pizza.........
Thanks for visiting my blog :)