Simply Drumstick ......yummy ..........

Sunday.........hmmmmmm........usually the day you dont want to cook something very difficult, but with the constraint of it being tasty.

Since some days I continually see a bunch of 5 drumsticks lying in my fridge along with the fresh coconut that I bought, sunday arrives and I dont want to cook something really difficult, something simple like rice, rasam and some veggie companion will do my mind tells me.

So I start preparing the drumsticks, coconut for the simple drumstick curry that my mil usually makes and all of us back home simply love it !!!!!!!!!!

Mom & my mil are like two different poles of a magnet. Mom cooks all the difficult and time consuming dishes with such ease, you wont even know how much effort and time has gone into preparing such lip smacking dishes. On the other hand my mil prepares such simple and yummy recipies...... my heart goes for both of them I miss their food many a time......

So I decided to whip up that drumstick recipe of my mil for the lazy sunday ......

Here are the ingredients that are needed for two persons

Here goes,.......

Drumsticks - 5 nos (all were my half arm length)
fresh coconut - 2 inch pieces 3-4 nos
cumin seeds - 1/3 tsp
shallots - 2-3 nos. (small size)
chilli powder - 1/4 tsp (can be varied, I add very less chilli powder in my dishes)
turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
salt - to taste (I used 1/3 tsp)

1.Heat a pan with around 4 cups of water in it, ad to it the salt and turmeric powder.

2.Cut the ends of the drumstick, and using a peeler scrape the drumstick (the body of the drumstick must appear almost light green after this process). Cut the scraped drumstick into 2 inch pieces.

3.when the water in the pan starts boiling drop in the drumstick pieces.

4.Now a close to smooth paste must be made of the coconut, shallots and cumin seeds.

5.When the drumstick is almost done (it becomes little soft to touch) then the prepared paste must be added and mixed nicely. At this stage the chilli powder and if required some salt can be added after tasting. While adding the paste if the pan has some water already in it, it will help the coconut to not stick to the bottom of the pan and instead coat the drumsticks. In the paste adding stage the process is fast and mixing it continuously for 2-3 mins will be good.

6.When this curry cooks to a thicker consistency, the curry can be removed from the pan. It is ready to serve with rice, rasam rice.


Drumstick curry (sevakailo thelni in sourashtra)

It was a great success here !!!!!!

The thought of it still makes my mouth water..........

My husband loved it .!!!!!!!!!! now that is what I work in the kitchen for............!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe... :)



Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Comments

  1. You could add tomatos to it for a tangy taste.. This is my husband's favourite

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will surely try adding tomatoes next time I make this dish.

    Thanks Lakshmi :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any suggestions you have.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Have a great time !!

Popular Posts