This is a continuation of the last blog (Daring cooks challenge). This is one of those very simple tasty dishes.
This is what we need,
Colocasia / arbi / sembu - 300 gms
dry coconut - 1/8 cup
shelled, peeled and dry roasted peanuts - 1/4 cup
green chillies - 2 (dont get scared ..... they were not at all spicy, I could just eat them directly !!)
onion, medium size, finely chopped - 1
garlic - 1 big clove, finely grated or even paste will be good (I was lazy :P)
Cumin seeds - 1/3 tsp
Corriander powder - 1/3 tsp
oil - 1 1/2 tsp
salt - to taste
1. Cook the colocasia, peel it, slice in into roundels and let them dry. Dont try to use them immediately because the dish will become slimy.
2. Coarse grind the peanuts and dry coconut.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add the cumin, garlic and slit green chillies; fry for 10 seconds. Add in the onions and fry till the onions are well cooked.
4. Add the corriander powder and mix. Then add the colocasia mix well, add the ground peanut-coconut mixture. Mix well to coat each of the roundels.
5. Sprinkle the required amount of salt mix well and serve hot.
This dish goes well with rotis and rasam rice.
Thanks for visiting my blog :)