This is a simple way to mix different vegetables into the same dish.
I have adapted this recipe from a friend, (long story behind it !!!! :P )
So here's what we need,
Aubergine (Eggplant/brinjal) - 1 big
Green Capsicum - 1 small (Any colour should be good)
Zucchini - 1 medium
Onion - 1 big
Ginger-garlic paste - 1 1/2 tsp
Cherry tomatoes - 6 (can be substituted by 2 small ordinary tomatoes)
Corriander powder - 2/3 tsp
Chilli powder - 1/3 tsp
Garam masala - 1/3 tsp
Water - 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
The following spices are to be dry roasted and coarsely ground,
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
(Kalonji - 1/4 tsp can also be added)
1. Slice the brinjal, zucchini and capsicum longitudinally into thin slices as shown below
2. Slice the onions, chop the tomatoes and make the ginger-garlic paste ready. I have taken a photo of this also :)
3. Heat oil and sauté each of the sliced vegetables separately till they are three-fourth cooked. They look like below,
4. Now, heat a tsp of oil in a pan. Toss in the onions and fry for 3 mins and then add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for 4-5 more minutes till the onions are almost done.
5. Now, add the tomatoes, all the masala powders (the dry roasted masala powder also) and pour 1/4 cup of water if it is too dry. Fry for 2 mins.
6. At this stage add the salt, and the pre-fried vegetables. Mix well cook for another 6 mins till all the vegetables are well cooked.
This dish goes well with phulkas/rotis.
Thanks for visiting my blog :)